Are you in need of encouragement as you seek God in prayer for financial breakthrough in your life? In these times of uncertainty in our world, we can powerfully pray for God to provide for our every need. There is not a single area in our lives that God does not deeply care about, and he desires that we take every need, care, and concern to him in prayer. This also includes our finances.
My family and I certainly understand the financial pressures of living on a tight budget. I am a homeschool mom of four, and my husband has worked in ministry for the past twenty years. Over the years we have prayed together about our finances, and have surrendered our lives to his sovereign will. There were times when we needed a financial breakthrough, and although we have experienced moments of financial difficulty, we know that God has truly been faithful to us. He has continued to provide for the needs of our family. In what ways do you need to trust God with your finances?
In this post we will look at 51 Scriptures that you can use to pray for financial breakthrough. You can also download a FREE printable at the end of this post with these Scriptures that you can keep in your prayer journal and pray on a regular basis!
How do you Pray for Financial Breakthrough?
As I discussed in the post on praying for a change or breakthrough in our lives, a breakthrough is simply a change that desperately needs to happen in our lives. When we pray for a breakthrough in our finances, we can boldly ask God to change our financial situations according to his will.
Perhaps you or a loved one was recently laid off from a job. Maybe you or someone you love is unable to work because of a medical condition. Whatever the reason for your need for a financial breakthrough, we can pray that God’s will be done in our lives, and for him to be honored in our financial decisions.
Prayer for Financial Breakthrough: Remember that God Owns it All
As you begin to pray for financial breakthrough, remember that God owns it all. He powerfully spoke this world into existence, and he owns cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:10).
Think of all the precious stones, diamonds, rubies, and pure gold that there is on the earth. God owns it all because he is the Creator of it all! Whenever we feel a sense of lack in our own lives, all we need to do is remember that our Abba Father has everything we need!
Here are 51 Scriptures that we can use to pray for breakthrough in our finances.
51 Powerful Scriptures to Pray for Financial Breakthrough
Section One: God Owns it All
The 51 Scriptures in this post are broken up into five different sections. The first section of Scriptures reveal God’s power and sovereignty over everything. Since he owns everything, without him, we would have nothing! Consider using these Scriptures to remind you that God is Creator and Ruler over all the earth.
1. Psalm 24:1 The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it.
2. Haggai 2:8 ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the Lord of hosts.
3. Psalm 50:10 “For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.”
4. Job 41:11 “Who has given to me that I should repay him? Whatever is under the whole heaven is mine.”
5. Psalm 104:24 O Lord, how many are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your possessions.
6. Acts 4:24 “Sovereign Lord,” they said, “you made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and everything in them.
7. 1 Chronicles 29:12 Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone.
8. Psalm 50:12 ‘If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it.’
9. Isaiah 45:3 I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.
Prayer for Financial Breakthrough: Lord, thank you that you created the heavens and the earth, and everything in them. Both riches and honor come from you, and you own everything! As I pray for financial breakthrough in my life, help me to remember everything I need comes from you. You are a gracious God, and you willingly give and provide all that I need. Amen.
Prayers to be a Good Steward over your Finances
Not only does God own everything, but he graciously put us in charge of taking care of the earth. After God created the amazing world we live in, he charged Adam and Eve to be faithful stewards over the earth, to fill the earth and rule over it with wisdom and authority (Genesis 1:28.)
Biblical stewardship is defined as utilizing and managing all of God’s resources in a way that honors and glorifies him (source). How are we managing the resources God has already given us? Are we faithfully stewarding what he has given us with diligence and discipline? One of the ways my husband and I have learned to steward our money is by learning about biblical stewardship. We have read books, listened to podcasts, and read many articles on practical ways to steward our money by budgeting, saving, and paying off debt. Crown Financial Ministries has also been a great resource that we have used to learn how to apply biblical stewardship in our finances.
Take a look at these powerful Scriptures that can be used when praying for your finances regarding biblical stewardship.
Section Two: Scriptures on Biblical Stewardship
10. Psalm 115:16 The heavens are the heavens of the Lord, but the earth He has given to the sons of men.
11. Proverbs 3:9 Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce…
12. Luke 16:11 If then you have not been faithful in the unrighteous wealth, who will entrust to you the true riches?
13. 1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
14. Proverbs 10:4 Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.
15. Deuteronomy 8:18 You shall remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
16. Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
17. Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
18. Proverbs 13:11 Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
19. Ecclesiastes 7:12 Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves those who have it.
20. Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
Prayer for Financial Breakthrough: Lord, thank you that you have entrusted me to manage and steward my finances with wisdom and diligence. Help me to grow in wisdom as I seek to honor you through my finances. Help me to budget my money well, work hard, and save the resources you have given to me. Please allow my diligence in stewarding what you have given me to bring a powerful financial breakthrough in my life. Amen.
Prayers to be a Cheerful Giver
Since God owns everything and has entrusted what he has to us, we can truly give with a grateful heart, because we serve a wonderfully generous God. Even in times of financial difficulty and hardship, a heart that gives out of gratitude and thankfulness will be richly rewarded.
We as a family have implemented giving in our church, and have taught our children the importance of giving through donating to local nonprofit organizations. When our children were small, they each had “save”, “spend”, and “God” jars. When they received money, they would put a little in each of their jars. At the end of the week, they would take money from their “God” jar to give to our local church.
Take a look at these Scriptures on giving, and write down a prayer for financial breakthrough!
Section Three: Scriptures on Giving
21. 2 Corinthians 9:7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
22. Matthew 6:2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
23. Luke 6:30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.
24. Proverbs 3:27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act.
25. 2 Corinthians 9:11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.
26. Proverbs 11:25 A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.
27. Luke 6:30 “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
28. 2 Chronicles 29:14 “But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand.
29. Deuteronomy 15:10 Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.
30. Deuteronomy 16:17 Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God that he has given you.
Prayer for Financial Breakthrough: Lord, because you have freely given to me, help me to freely give back to you and to those around me. Even in the midst of financial difficulty, help me to wisely and generously give to those who are in need. Your Word says that a generous person will prosper, and whoever refreshes those will be refreshed (Proverbs 11:25). Thank you that I can give from the fullness and abundance that you have given to me. Amen.
Praying for God’s Provision
When we realize that God owns everything and graciously desires to give to us, we can boldly pray for God’s provision in our lives. His Word promises to meet our needs.
As a family of six living on one income, we have seen God’s hand of provision in a variety of ways. We are so grateful for the many ways God has provided for us over the years. Although we have many wants, we rest in his truth that whatever we are in need of, he will provide for us. This is my encouragement to you. Pray, stand firm on his Word, and trust that our Lord who holds all things in his hands, will provide for your every need!
Take a look at these Bible verses on God’s provision, and use them to say a prayer for financial breakthrough!
Section Four: Scriptures on God’s Provision
31. Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
32. 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
33. Matthew 6:31-32 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
34. Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.
35. Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
36. Matthew 7:11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
37. Psalm 34:10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
38. Luke 12:24 Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!
39. Hebrews 13:5 Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
40. Job 38:41 Who provides for the raven its prey, when its young ones cry to God for help, and wander about for lack of food?
41. 2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence…
42. Luke 12:7 Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.
43. John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
44. Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
45. Matthew 7:7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
Prayer for Financial Breakthrough: Lord, thank you that you graciously provide all my needs according to your riches in glory (Philippians 4:19). Thank you that I am worth more than many sparrows. If you provide for the birds of the air, help me to trust that you will provide and meet the needs of me and my family. Thank you Lord, that I can trust you to provide for me as I lift up my prayer for financial breakthrough to your throne of grace. Amen.
Prayers for Eternal Rewards
Now that we know that we can confidently pray for God’s provision in our lives, we also must remember that the material blessings and wealth on this earth is not all there is to live for. For those of us who are part of the family of God, bountiful eternal rewards await us in heaven that far exceed anything we could ever ask or imagine on this earth. As we patiently wait for the Lord’s physical provision in our lives, we can confidently await the eternal blessings we will inherit through Christ!
Take a look at a few of these verses below:
Section Five: Scriptures on Eternal Rewards
46. 2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
47. Revelation 22:12 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
48. Matthew 25:21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’
49. Luke 12:33-34 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
50. Matthew 6:3-4 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
51. 2 Timothy 4:7-8 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
Prayer for Financial Breakthrough: Lord, thank you that you are preparing a place for me in glory! Help me to remember that the material and physical things of this world is not all there is. When I meet you face-to-face, I will inherit all of the eternal blessings from your Word. What a wonderful day that will be! Help me to Faithfully serve you on this earth, knowing that I will inherit eternal rewards that are beyond my wildest imagination. I pray that I will one day hear you say, “Well done good and faithful servant.” Amen.
Scriptures to Pray for Financial Breakthrough–Free Printable
You can download a free printable with the Scriptures mentioned in this post by clicking on the link below.
As you continue to pray for breakthrough in your finances, I hope that you are encouraged to hold to the powerful truths in these Scriptures. What a blessing it is to know that God owns everything, and that he has graciously given us stewardship over the earth. As we pray for our finances, may we give freely with a heart of gratitude for his goodness.
Our own financial breakthroughs can happen when we imitate the heart of God and give freely to others, remembering that our God will meet our needs. As we patiently wait on God, may we take comfort in the truth that we will inherit eternal rewards that will far exceed any monetary gain on earth. What a wonderful hope we have through Christ! I pray that these Scriptures give you encouragement and strength to continue to pray with power and perseverance!
Join the Prayer Challenge!
Looking for ways to go deeper in your prayer life? Join the Bold Prayers of Jesus Challenge! In this email prayer challenge you will receive a prayer guide, a prayer journal, Scripture cards, prayer prompts, and Scripture reading plan, and more!