Sometimes we all need hope and encouragement to keep praying–and reflecting on inspirational prayer quotes is a great way to do that.
It can sometimes be easy to get discouraged when life’s circumstances are filled with challenges and hardship. We definitely gain strength and hope when we rely on God’s Word to revive and restore our souls, and the words of other believers can also be a great encouragement to us.
It is comforting to know that we are not alone in our journeys, and the words of other believers who have often gone before us in their faith journeys can give us the perseverance the strength to keep going when life is hard.
Take a look at these 25 inspirational prayer quotes of men and women of great faith who persevered in their faith.
25 Inspirational Prayer Quotes
Here are 25 inspirational prayer quotes that can give us hope and encouragement in our prayer lives.
- “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” Corrie Ten Boom
- “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.'” Billy Graham
- “Prayer is simply a two-way conversation between you and God.” Billy Graham
- “Prayer doesn’t just change things – it changes us. If we are diligent in seeking God, slowly and surely we become better people.” Joyce Meyer
- “As you read or listen to God’s Word and spend time talking to Him in prayer, your spirit will eventually become stronger than your flesh.” Joyce Meyer
- “Prayer is where the action is.” John Wesley
- “Prayer is the God-given communication link between Heaven and Earth, time and eternity, the finite and the infinite.” Tony Evans
- Prayer is God’s backstage pass into a personal audience with Him. Tony Evans
- “Prayer begins where human capacity ends.” Marian Anderson
- “Prayer is aligning ourselves with the purposes of God.” E. Stanley Jones
- “Of all things, guard against neglecting God in the secret place of prayer.” William Wilberforce
- “Our prayers can go where we cannot…there are no borders, no prison walls, no doors that are closed to us when we pray.” Brother Andrew
- “For prayer is nothing else than being on terms of friendship with God.” Mother Teresa
- “Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.” Mother Teresa
- “Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” Oswald Chambers
- “Simply defined, prayer is earthly permission for heavenly interference.” Tony Evans
- “Tenacious prayer is a lifestyle that produces results.” Tony Evans
- “We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.” Oswald Chambers
- “We pray because our own solutions don’t work and because prayer deploys, activates, and fortifies us against the attacks of the enemy. We pray because we’re serious about taking back the ground he has sought to take from us.” Priscilla Shirer
- “Prayer is the portal that brings the power of heaven down to earth. It is kryptonite to the enemy and to all his ploys against you.” Priscilla Shirer
- “In prayer you gain your strength—the power to gird yourself with armor that extinguishes every weapon your enemy wields.” Priscilla Shirer
- “To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.” Martin Luther
- “God can handle your doubt, anger, fear, grief, confusion, and questions. You can bring everything to him in prayer.” Rick Warren
- “Prayer lays hold of God’s plan and becomes the link between His will and its accomplishment on earth. Amazing things happen, and we are given the privilege of being the channels of the Holy Spirit’s prayer.” Elisabeth Elliot
- “Every great movement of God can be traced to a kneeling figure.” D. L. Moody
Inspiring Scriptures on Prayer
Here are powerful Scriptures we can also read to gain hope and strength in our prayer life, straight from the voice of God himself! Pray without ceasing… 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Take a look at this post on 35 Scriptures you can pray without ceasing!
Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to you in a time when you may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him. Psalm 32:6
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1
Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises. James 5:13
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, Ephesians 6:18
Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.” Psalm 50:15
The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; and His song will be with me in the night, a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:8
“But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.” Luke 21:36
On the day I called, you answered me; you made me bold with strength in my soul. Psalm 138:3
From my distress I called upon the Lord; The Lord answered me and set me in a spacious place. Psalm 118:5
Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all people… 1 Timothy 2:1
In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
‘Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11
We can gain much strength from inspirational prayer quotes and from the power and hope in the Word of God. As you reflect on these words of encouragement, I pray that you will persevere in your prayer life, and remember to always pray and not give up!
Join the Prayer Challenge!
Looking for a way to deepen your prayer life? Check out the BOLD Prayers of Jesus Challenge! In this five-day email challenge we look at five prayers of Jesus to learn how we can pray boldly and confidently!
You will receive a free prayer journal, Scripture cards, and Scripture reading plan, Bible journaling stickers, a prayer guide, and more!